How To Go Green With Office Paper Recycling: Everything You Should Know
Stop throwing away paper!
The waste generation around the world is increasing exponentially, which has raised the need of green methods to curb it. Apart from encouraging green living at home, one needs to work on the business side too because factories and offices generate more waste than homes.
- Production of one sheet of A4 paper consumed 5 liters of water.
- If you recycle one ton of paper, then 682.5 gallons of oil, 26,500 liters of water and 17 trees are saved.
- More than 50% of business waste consists of paper.
What Is Paper Recycling?
Paper is collected from the bins and taken to the recycling plant. Then, it is separated into different grades and washed with soapy water to remove the inks, staples, and glue. Then, it is mixed with water to create ‘slurry’. The slurry is used as a raw material to create different types of paper products. The slurry is combined with a variety of materials to get the desired product. In the end, it is left to dry, and then, it is cut into pieces, packed and transported to the shops.
Businesses Need To Focus On:
- Think before you print anything; prefer e-mailing wherever possible.
- Prefer double-sided printing to single-sided. It will directly reduce your consumption to somewhere around 50%.
- Place paper recycling boxes at every corner in your office to make sure that no paper product is dumped elsewhere.
- Let your employees know the significance of paper recycling; you can even have a rule for the same to make sure everyone follows it.
- Install a few whiteboards in your office to make sure less paper is used for creating strategies and brainstorming ideas.
- Don’t use the shredder on every document you want to dispose of; the waste paper can be used for rough work at times too.
Hire a trusted professional service, who knows what they are doing, to dispose of the paper waste.
Advantages of Paper Recycling
- There are many advantages of paper recycling, such as:
- Saves space in landfills
- Saves water and energy
- Reduces greenhouse gases
- Lowers your carbon footprint
- Preserves resources
- Inspires employees
- Helps with the marketing and PR of the brand
- Keeps your business in a positive light
- Reduces your overhead costs
- Increases productivity because your employees are more inclined towards preserving resources than wasting them
Let’s Make the World Better
The question you need to ask yourself is, “What are you leaving as a legacy for the future generations”? If you are happy with the answer you have, then all’s good, but if you are not, then it is time to change the way you operate.