5 Amazing Things Made from Recycled Plastic
We all know it’s better to avoid using plastic but for all that plastic that’s already here, recycling it is far better than letting it pollute our environment. Make sure to support companies that are finding ways to keep plastics out of our environment, and advocating for the environment like we do at MagicQuote!
- San Francisco shoe company Rothy’s makes adorable shoes out of recycled plastic water bottles.To date, Rothy’s has repurposed 9,956,613 water bottles and counting.
- California toy company Green Toys makes fun toys out of recycled milk jugs. Not only are the Green Toys made from recycled plastic, the packaging is eco-friendly as well. All packaging for the products is made from 100 percent recyclable cardboard and printed with minimal color using soy inks. To date, Green Toys has repurposed 54,371,705 milk jugs and counting.
- Writing implement company Pilot makes a line of the pen out of recycled water bottles. The gel roller pens are made from 89 percent post-consumer recycled bottles, and the ballpoint pens are made from 83 percent recycled bottles. All pens are refillable and the pen barrels are clear and resemble a water bottle.
- Founded in Carpinteria, California, Blue Planet Eyewear makes super cool sunglasses from “recycled plastics and reclaimed metals, as well as natural materials such as bamboo and wood.” They also believe in giving back. “Blue Planet Eyewear is changing lives every day by providing sight to someone in need with their buy-to-give Visualize Change program.” They believe their customer is “committed to making socially responsible purchases that feel good, look good and do good.”
- Eco-conscious, home décor company Fab Habitat makes rugs from recycled plastic. The company’s “beautiful and affordable recycled plastic rugs are woven from premium quality recycled plastic straws.”